“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop
whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.”
The third edition of Nairobi Restaurant Week, in partnership with Nederburg, will took place from 28th January – 7th February 2016 across 50 of the city’s finest restaurants. Each establishment had designed a limited edition menu to tickle your taste buds.
Homeless of Nairobi
Nairobi Restaurant Week allowed us the privilege of dining in some of Nairobi’s best restaurants. Whether our experiences were great or lackluster, it was an opportunity that we wouldn’t normally get at that price point. We felt it was necessary to realize this privilege and give back to the homeless community here in Nairobi.
According to reports by UNICEF, there are between 200,000 - 300,000 homeless people in Kenya, with more than 60,000 of that number concentrated in Nairobi’s Central Business District. We have partnered with Homeless of Nairobi to give back to our community for Nairobi Restaurant Week.
The Homeless of Nairobi is a charity organization that provide food and other basic necessities to people living on the streets of Nairobi. The proceeds from Nairobi Restaurant Week will be distributed in the form of food and other necessities by the EatOut Kenya team.
Press and Media Coverage
We’ve had some great coverage both locally and Internationally for Nairobi Restaurant Week. We had radio coverage from XFM and East FM as well as TV new coverage from NTV, KTN, and DSTv. Media houses wrote informative pieces, restaurant reviews and behind the scenes articles. Check them out!
- Hapa Kenya - January 11 2016
- Business Daily - January 21 2016
- Homeboyz Radio - January 21 2016
- The Star - January 21 2016
- Capital Lifestyle - January 22 2016
- Up Nairobi - January 22 2016
- The Star - January 23 2016
- Global Travel Media - January 25 2016
- All Africa - January 29 2016
- The Star - January 29 2016
- DSTv Foodies - February 01 2016
- AM Live NTV - February 05 2016
- Morning Express Show KTN - February 05 2016
- The Hans India - January 26 2016
- On The Road - January 26 2016
- TNS (Travelnostop) - January 27 2016
- Unternehmen Heute - January 27 2016
We had several prizes to be won during Nairobi Restaurant week from meal vouchers and bottles of Amarula or Nederburg to local and International trips. Moyo Holidays provided us with a trip to Dubai for two inclusive of flights, accommodation at Atlantis The Palms and a three course for two at Gordon Ramsay’s Bread Street Kitchen!